Delta 9 vs THC
With all the cannabinoids being sold on today's market, it's understandable if you aren't up to speed on all your cannabinoid jargon. We'll be clearing a lot of the misinformation spread around the internet in this article. Sit back, relax, and eat a gummy.
A Breif Cannabinoid History Lesson
Delta 8 History
In 2019 Delta 8 took the nation by storm. Gas stations and smoke shops were flooded with Delta 8 products.
- Delta 8 has 1/3 the potency of THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol).
- Delta 8 has been reported to be less intense and not cause anxiety for those who get anxiety when consuimg THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol).
- Delta 8 is cheap and can be obtained in bulk for $1000 per liter or less in volume
Delta 10 History
The following year delta-10 came out the following year. Same story. Just another not so potent version of THC.
Delta 9 History
When Hemp Derived Delta 9 products started to surface legally in late 2021, it's no wonder people just thought, "oh great another delta" "I want real weed" and "I don't do deltas". These have now become the common responses used when Delta 9 THC products came up in conversation.
So if thats you keep reading because Delta 9 is not just another delta.
Is Delta 9 the same as THC?
THC stands for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol or Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-9-THC). It is a cannabinoid molecule in marijuana (cannabis) that's long been recognized as the main psychoactive ingredient—that is, the substance that causes people who use marijuana to feel high.
Cannabis dispensaries, drug dealers, and law makers have abbreviated delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol to just plain THC.
- All dispensaries use THC as an abbreviation for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol
- THC sold in a dispensary is always delta 9 thc unless otherwise marked
- Marijuiana and Hemp are both forms of cannabis
- Delta 8, Delta 9, Delta 10, and HHC all occur naturally in hemp cannabis and marijuiana cannabis
- Marijuiana contains delta 9 THC in high enough natural concentrations to get you high. It's name was shortened to simply THC for ease of use.
Hemp Derived Delta 9 THC Is Such A Low Percentage How Can It Get Me High
We understand that you may not be able to wrap your head around how a product that has less than .3% THC in it can get you high.
It's not the THC Oil percentage, that needs to be less than 0.3
It's the total ammount of THC in the product needs to be less than 0.3%
The Pizza Example
Think of consuming THC like eating pepperoni's on a pizza.
1 Pepperoni = 1MG of THC
If a pizza has 15 pepperoni on it, thats equal to 15mg.
It dosn't matter how big you make the pizza the 15 pepperoni are going to feel the same.
The same goes for gummies.
When consuming any THC product pay attetion to the mg of THC not the percentage.
Is there a difference between Hemp Derived Delta 9 and THC I Get At The Dispensary?
In terms of effects there is no noticable difference between delta 9 THC from marijuiana and Delta 9 THC from hemp.
Hemp derived delta 9 THC is converted from CBD using solvents, make sure that your hemp derived delta 9 thc vendor, or any vendor for that matter can provide a full panel lab test showing the product free of solvents.
Hemp derived delta 9 THC is fedarlly legal and ships to all 50 states without a medical card provided that the products dry weight doesn't exceed .3% THC
There are currently no restrictions on how much THC you can put into a serving or how many servings you can put into a bottle.
Most THC edibles bought at a dispesnary will be 5 or 10mg as most state marijuiana regulations don't let products exceed 10mg per serving and 10 servings per package.